It was a sad email that brought this book about. I wish it was unique, but it wasn’t; I receive emails just like this, all too frequently.
The gentleman in question was delighted when he was asked to show his photography. He tried hard to print his photos for the exhibition, but eventually gave up in frustration. As well as the expense of a new printer, the paper and the ink, he was running short of time. He decided his best option was to send the photos to a printing service. What came back shocked him; the photos were worse than his own attempts and that’s when he contacted me for help. We did solve his problem, quite easily as it happens, and I decided I had to write this book.
This book is here to help everyone who’s ever struggled to print their photography.
Creating prints to match your computer screen is something you can achieve. What prevents most people is misinformation, fragmented systems, and seemly technical problems. This book presents a clear and easily understood approach to printing photography. One you can follow repeatedly, to achieve perfect prints every time.
In this step by step guide you learn:
- The essentials of Colour Management, to ensure the colors you see on the computer look the same in your prints.
- Understand how to select the best resolution for your printer and paper choice.
- How to soft proofing your images so you know exactly how the prints will turn out. And if they don’t look right, how you can fix them.
- Configure the print driver in your computer to reproduce colors and tones accurately.
- To prepare images for printing by a third-party. Be certain the printed photos will match your screen rather than relying on luck.